Sports Premium- 2022-23
What is the Sports Premium?
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue the funding. During the academic year 2017/18 the Sports Premium has doubled for eligible pupils. This funding has been allocated to primary school head teachers. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport and have a long term impact.
Our Sports Premium Grant from April 2022 to March 2023 is £18,470.00
Our Physical Education and school sports vision:
P.E. and school sport are important elements of life at Woodlands Primary School. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the whole development of our children and, through participation, our children build and learn more about our Olympic linked key values such as ‘Excellence, Respect, Friendship, Determination, Courage, Inspiration and Equality’ for themselves and others. As well as linking with our RESPECT values we follow in school such as ‘Resilience, Empathy, Self-Awareness, Passion, Excellence, Communication and Teamwork.’
Through the strategic implementation of the Sports Premium funding we have received, we aim to further develop these elements within school and to offer the children a wider range of opportunities. We have employed a range of sports specialist teachers for the duration of the funding to improve the skill set of our staff and provide access to extra-curricular sports that our children would not normally have the opportunity to attend. In addition to this, we have also upgraded the equipment in school so children are able to use a range of equipment to progress in their lessons. We are regularly monitoring the impact of this initiative. An initial impact is that children tell us they are really enjoying their PE and the number of children, including those from vulnerable groups, accessing extra-curricular P.E and Sport has increased.
- To continue to improve the quality of teaching and learning of PE within School.
- To broaden the opportunities for children to take part and lead in a range of physical activities at school.
- To continue to engage more children in extra-curricular P.E/Sport and inter/intra competition.
- To raise attainment in swimming in KS2.
- To increase the opportunities for children to ‘get active’ during lunchtimes and playtimes.
- To improve the health, self-care and well-being of pupils within school and develop their understanding of how P.E and sport contributes to this.