Welcome to our School Standards Committee (SSC). Our Governors play a vital role here at The Woodlands. Here is an introduction to the work that they do:
All Parent and Community Governors are unpaid volunteers, with the Headteacher and Staff Governors giving up their time to attend and contribute to SSC meetings.
Governors attend regular meetings and are frequently in contact with the school to ensure that successes are celebrated, and areas of concern are acted upon.
Each Governor has their own area of responsibility and they work as a whole to be a 'critical friend' of the school and ensure that the school:
- follows an effective and appropriate strategy and vision in line with the aims of the Community Academies Trust;
- has high standards of outcomes, behaviour, personal development, teaching and leadership;
- listens to and values the views of pupils and parents in the running of the school.
The SSC will also:
- Support and challenge the Headteacher and the school's leadership for the quality of provision in the school and monitor the standards being achieved
- Report to the Trust
- Develop links with the school community and other CAT schools;
- Cooperate and assist with any OFSTED or Peer Review Inspections.
We thank our Governors for giving their time and expertise to the improvement of school standards and helping us to give all the children the best primary school experience possible.